Friday, February 15, 2008

I <3 Elephants

A unique fact about me is that I love elephants. I have candles, stuffed animals, bookmarks, puzzles, pictures, statues, beanie babies, purses, necklaces, earrings, photo albums, shirts, baskets, wallpaper, buttons, and stickers with elephants on them. I am obsessed! One of my best friends growing up loved elephants and I also loved the movie “The Secret Garden”, so naturally, I grew to love them. I remember buying my first one. I was so excited! My family, my Mom’s parents, and Dad’s Dad had all gone to the Kentucky State Fair, held annually in Louisville, Kentucky. My Mom’s Mom quilts. And that year she entered a few of her quilts in the quilt show, so we went to see how the quilts placed, as well as the other quilts in the show. After viewing most of the quilts in the show, we decided to look around at the stands under all of the big tents that seemed to cover the fair grounds. One stand we came to had an African woman. She had so many elephants. My heart was racing. I pulled out some of my own money and bought one. My Mom liked them so much that she bought one, too. I was so excited. Over ten years later, my Mom and I still have the little elephants. They are in the china cabinet in our dining room—in a place of honor. :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Funny, I love elephants too. And now my daughter is becoming obsessed with them! Cool.

Ashli said...

I really like elephants too. It‘s weird because usually I like really small animals, or really pretty elegant animals. Somehow though, elephants are just too cute. I have this really neat ipod player that is an elephant. It’s called an iflop and it’s a stuffed animal with headphones on, and the headphones plays music. It’s really cute.