Friday, February 15, 2008

Blessed Am I

Pain is a physical and psychological. My back has been hurting for over a week now which means that I am unable to practice and rehearse. UGH! On a typical day, I hate practicing and rehearsing; the constant effort and physical requirements overwhelm me! But today, as I sat in my crappy colored chair during orchestra rehearsal, I could not help but sigh; depressed and frustrated that I was not able to participate in all the music making, I felt a surge of appreciation.

Blessed is the word I would choose. Blessed because God has used this physical pain to teach me to have a humble and thankful heart, and because I have been forced to concentrate on more than the physical aspects of playing the violin. Now I am integrating physical and mental exercises to help prepare me for when I can play again. And when that day comes, hopefully I will have learned how to better appreciate my talent and the privilege I have to play the violin. Recovery may be a long haul, but I am excited to learn the invaluable lessons God is teaching me through this pain. Praise the Lord! Praise Him in all the Earth!

No comments: