Friday, April 4, 2008

Improv Everywhere


Improv Everywhere is a group of comedians that love to play pranks on the streets of New York City. Their pranks do not harm New Yorkers, but rather promote laughter in the serious and busy city. They’ve pulled over twenty different pranks—musicals in a food court, two-hundred seven people freezing simultaneously in Grand Central Station, twenty-three people give a random guy one hundred hugs, etc. With each harmless joke, they first form a plan and have a meeting on how they will act out their devious plan. Once in action, they blend into the masses, suddenly pull their prank, and disappear just as quickly as they appeared.

I feel that our society could use more of these harmless pranks in order to lighten up the dark, serious sky that we use to cover ourselves. This life is too short to spend worrying and stressing over details to the point that we can’t enjoy the time we are given. This group reminds me that I should relax and soak in the laughs that this life has to offer. The animals, the heavens, the earth, the waters, and the people, that God has so richly blessed with should not be taken for granted. I hope to enjoy many more laughs.

1 comment:

Ashli said...

I completely agree. I think that those kinds of pranks would add laughter that is seriously needed. However, I guess I am a hypocrite in the sense because I get really mad when some one plays a prank on me. But, it is really funny when it is played on other people.