Friday, April 4, 2008

If Only, If Only...

Below is a poem I wrote to my boyfriend, Matt, during a time when he did not understand how handsome I think he is. We do not see each other very often because we are going to colleges fourteen hours apart, so I felt that writing him a poem would aid in reiterating my feelings.


If only, if only you knew how much I was missing you
There would be no sad goodbyes with steady cries
Only dreams of when we will meet again

When I think of your face I think of the place
I find rest and hope of bright future, full of never-ending love

And when your strong steady hand holds mine
I feel as if I can rule the world with you by my side

Your loving arms keep me warm and secure
Through the storms of life they are the cure

But when you lips cradle my own
I feel that where you are is where I belong
I long for those soft sweet moments where your lips embrace and your heart will race

If only, if only you knew how much I was missing you
Everything you are, everything you do, everything I see when I look at you
I love it all...I won't lie

Last, but not least, I adore your eyes
For there lies the key to your heart
Through them I can see into your intermost part

I love you
That's it
One-hundred percent
Hurting you isn't what I meant

Only to show you
Despite all the handsome men I have seen
You are the most handsome! YOU, Matthew King, are my dream! <3

No comments: