Friday, March 21, 2008

Left Behind

My brother, Ryan, will be thirteen next month. I can’t believe it! We have always been close, however this past Fall I moved nine hours away to attend college. After spending years of playing imaginary games, making up songs, producing movies and plays, writing and dancing to crazy music, and having crazy water fights, the brother and friend I had created endless memories with, I now would only see maybe four months per year. But no worries, we were prepared.

Every summer after my freshman year in high school, I spent at least a month away at a music camp. My eighth through twelfth grade years, I was home-schooled—meaning I spent almost every moment of every day in the house. Although I enjoyed staying home without the stress, drama, and cares of a typical middle or high school, by the end of each school year, I was ready to get out! Ryan and I would go to the Bible camp we’ve attended since the age of eight for a week and for the next month or so I would attend a music festival or two. I remember the first summer I left for a whole month. Ryan was miserable!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You sound like you have a close knit family. It is wonderful that you have such a close relationship with your brother, especially since you are so far apart in age. I would guess he is adjusting but it makes it even more special when you are together.